PAUL M. DE SOUSA
8842 Bainbridge Drive Daphne, AL 36526
Phone: (440) 334-4625 ♦ Email: email@example.com
Website - www.paulmdesousa.com
Results-driven Operations, Account Management, Customer Service, Channel Management, SIOP, Technical Support and Inside Sales Professional leveraging 25+ years of global leadership ♦ Client management and key account retention expert ♦ Trusted advisor to high-profile clients ♦ Operations efficiency specialist, implementing best practices and improving KPIs ♦ Creative leader, building and managing peak-performance teams ♦ Skilled technology analyst, introducing leading-edge solutions ♦ Top performer who thrives in high-expectation, high-stress environments ♦ Confident, take-charge executive with exceptional follow through ♦ Articulate communicator, building rapport and trust across all levels ♦ Accomplished leader, known for high integrity and a strong work ethic ♦ Enterprise change agent, creating strong “success-based” cultures ♦ A master of execution, via clear, actionable, strategic and operational planning
P&L management ♦ LEAN Six Sigma methodologies ♦ Customer acquisition, retention, and loyalty programs ♦ Multi-site management ♦ Start-ups/turnarounds ♦ Root cause analysis ♦ Key account management ♦ Customer experience best practices ♦ Contact Center Process, Structure and Technology ♦ Process re-engineering and change management ♦ Field Service & Application engineering ♦ Vendor management ♦ Benchmarking and performance metrics ♦ Top talent selection, training, and mentoring ♦ Productivity and process improvement ♦ Fully committed to exceeding customer expectations ♦ Employee engagement ♦ QA ♦ WFM ♦ Employee attrition improvement strategies ♦ Warranty management ♦ Solid record of igniting stagnant business and transforming declining operations ♦ Multi-channel service delivery ♦ Analytics ♦ Forecasting and reporting ♦ Resource planning ♦ Consistent record of achieving unprecedented results
RED LION CONTROLS Mobile, AL
A global industrial measuring/control instrument manufacturer. As the expert in communication, monitoring, and controls technology for industrial automation and networking, Red Lion employs 400 in 15 offices in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. A division of $1.7B Spectris, the company has 1,000 distributors worldwide, serving the oil/gas, utilities, automotive, food/beverage, water packaging, electronics, mining, transportation, and aerospace industries.
Global VP, Customer Service Operations – Jul/2014 – Present
Report to Company President. Hired to build and manage 2 service centers (128 FTEs), providing inbound and outbound sales, customer care, back office, and tech support. Responsible for 8 key customer accounts spanning 3 LOBs in the manufacturing, retail, military, oil/gas, automotive, and environmental verticals. Direct oversight for inside sales, application/sales engineering, tech support, customer care, and order fulfillment and SIOP/Logistics.
• $8.5MM P&L accountability, managing 11 direct and 117 indirect reports.
• Grew accounts from 12pts gross margin to 22pts on $150MM+ in global sales.
• Grew inside sales accounts from $22MM to $34MM in 3 years.
• Determined call center operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses.
• Analyzed key data and touch points, lifting NPS and CES improvements by 30%.
• Designed training/process-based VOC/QA programs.
• Reduced annual employee attrition from 25% to 5%.
• Implemented Six Sigma LEAN business/service workflow methodologies and journey mapping, driving efficiency and continuous improvement, and reducing cost-per-contact by 25%.
• Designed/implemented multiple technology launches, including ERP and CRM technologies.
• International experience in this role includes EMEA, SAARC, APAC, LATAM and NA.
• Marquee clients include GE, Schlumberger, Halliburton, Disney Theme Parks, the US Military, all major auto brands, Tesla Electric Cars, and Allied Waste Management.
MOEN INTERNATIONAL North Olmsted, OH
A $1.4B manufacturer/distributor of residential and commercial kitchen and bath faucets and fixtures including spa system components, mirrors, safety accessories, garbage disposals, lighting, and filtration products to consumers, schools, offices, and healthcare facilities. The company sells its products through retailers and online.
Executive Director, Global Customer Service – Apr/2009 – Jul/2014
Reported to Company President. Served as service leader for consumer, distributor, and customer channels. Responsible for planning, organization, and direction of all service operations across 2 sites and work@home agents in 4 countries. Managed 3 LOBs and 291 FTEs. Responsible for all operational aspects, including staffing, training, customer care, order entry, tech support, trade support, warranty, compliance, IT, HR, and facilities.
• $38MM budget, managing 16 direct and 275 indirect reports in the US, Canada, China, and Mexico.
• Grew accounts from $966MM to $1.4B in 5 years despite extremely challenged market during the lowest “ease of doing business index” building period ever known.
• Clients included Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, Lenar Homes, KB Homes, and Hovnanian.
• Launched customer service social media team, delivering 4.2 stars (of 5 possible annual average) for support and product delivery.
• Reduced cost-per-contact by 35% while increasing service levels, achieving 85% calls answered in :20 or less; 90% of emails answered/closed within 1.5 hours of receipt; and 88% first-contact resolution.
• Led global consumer experience initiative to understand customer touch points, delivering remarkable NPR increase (from 50% to 78%).
• Won Smart Business “World Class Customer Service Award” (2012-2013).
• Earned Fortune Brands “President’s Excellence Award” for Fiscal Excellence (2011-2014).
• Won “International Stevie Award” for Best-in-Class Call Center (2013).
THE MASONITE CORPORATION Tampa, FL
A $1.3B interior and exterior manufacturer of doors, door components, and entry systems. With 10,000 employees, the company operates 60 facilities in 12 countries across North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. Masonite produces 120,000 wood, fiberglass, and metal doors per day.
VP, Global Customer Service Operations – Feb/2008 – Apr/2009
Reported to COO. Responsible for re-engineering and multi-site management of service operations, including order management, SIOP/production planning, and technical care/customer service.
• Full P&L responsibility, managing 12 direct reports and 100 indirect reports.
• Marquee clients included ProBuild, Home Depot, Lowes, Blue Links, and Huttig.
• International experience included North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, and India.
• Consolidated 15 North American sites into 4, delivering $6.2MM in annual corporate savings.
• Leveraged legacy ERP with low-cost front-end software, increasing productivity/accuracy by 10%.
• Integrated traditional and cloud-based service-center technologies, including auto-email response, Web self-service, interactive HELP/FAQ, Natural Language Interface, and VoIP.
• Implemented ACD upgrade, VRU/toll-free authentication, CRM, and QA reporting.
THE JOHNS MANVILLE CORPORATION Denver, CO
A $3B subsidiary of Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway, the company manufactures commercial and industrial roofing systems, fire-protection systems, insulation, wall coverings, and fiber the aerospace, transportation, acoustics, appliance, and HVAC industries. JMC operates more than 40 plants globally.
Global Director, Customer Service – Sep/2004 – Feb/2008
Reported to Company President and GM. Business leader for strategic vision, design, and implementation of a services go-to-market strategy. Managed sales operations, account management, staffing, web service, order management, pricing, UAT, fulfillment, inventory, training, info-line, A&E support, field/inside technical support, warranty, and claims.
• P&L responsibility for $35MM; managed 10 direct reports and 125 indirect reports.
• Marquee clients included Home Depot, Lowes, and Menards.
• International P&L responsibilities included LATAM, Europe, and Asia.
• Implemented SAP, PROS pricing tool, and online ordering; developed operational metrics, improving productivity by 15%, reducing SG&A by 15%, and increasing order accuracy by 25%.
• Generated $100MM in annual inside sales revenue; grew account revenues by 10%.
• Consolidated 9 centers into 2, reducing total seats from 144 to 125, improving productivity by 20% and C-Sat scores from 66% to 89%.
• Drove 50% IFO growth through SKU/customer rationalization, pricing adherence, and OTD performance.
THE AMERICAN-STANDARD COMPANIES Piscataway, NJ
An $11.9B leading global manufacturer of bath, kitchen, and HVAC products serving North/South/Central America, Europe, and Asia, delivering products to a wide range of customers in both residential and commercial new construction and replacement/remodeling.
VP of Customer Care, The Americas – Apr/2000 – Sep/2004
Reported to Company President. Managed operations for a $60MM Latin American market, including 5 in-house/outsourced service centers ($45MM P&L), providing logistics, supply chain, inbound 800-line tele-sales, customer care, order entry, pricing, channel management, UAT, literature fulfillment, field inspection, technical support, government sales support, warranty, and claims.
• Standardized operational metrics, increasing C-Sat scores from 75% to 91%, order accuracy from 96% to 99.8%, and first-shipment order fulfillment rates from 74% to 96%.
• Consolidated 11 call centers to 5, reducing headcount by 30%, improving productivity by 35%.
PRIOR POSITIONS HELD
NETGROCER.COM VP, Service Operations Jan/1999 – Apr/2001
VERIZON/BELL ATLANTIC MOBILE Senior Staff Manager Jan/1995 – Jan/1999
NORTH EAST MANAGEMENT COMPANY Project Director, Business Development May/1993 – Jan/1995
KEAN UNIVERSITY, Union, NJ
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, NOTABLES
• Consulting – Steel Industry/Healthcare Notifications/VC/P&C Insurance EvaluServe/Circle of Experts, Vista Research/Taylor Reach Call Center Operations Specialists/Manufacturing/E-Tail Service
• Board of Directors – Drishyam.ai – Deep Learning/Artificial Intelligence
• Training, certifications, and licenses include:
- LEAN/Six Sigma Green Belt, Certified - Center for Creative Leadership
- Agile - Marine Captain’s License
- Journey Mapping - Army War College
• Professional associations:
SOCAP, AFSMI, NCSA, ICMI and Society of Industry Leaders
• Willing to relocate domestically or internationally; able to travel up to 50%.
• Speaking engagements have included:
Conference presentations (SOCAP, AFSMI, ICMI) and customer meetings
US Constitution-themed speaking engagements
• US citizen, willing to travel internationally, holding current passport.